The History of SWC
The Sprenger and Kopp families establish Süd-West-Chemie GmbH in Neu-Ulm and continued in the tradition of the former Aug. Nowack AG that was based in Bautzen. Aug. Nowack AG, which traded under “Neoresit”, started to produce industrial resins and moulding compounds as early as 1925.
All products are now sold under the trade mark “Supraplast®”
Mannesmann AG has a 52 % stake in Süd-West-Chemie with the aim of producing plastic tubes made of PVC and Polyethylene in Neu-Ulm.
Sued-West-Chemie starts production of impregnated decorative papers as well as accompanying melamine and urea resins.
After the withdrawal of Mannesmann AG, Hüttenes-Albertus Chemische Werke GmbH Düsseldorf, a multi-national chemical company, stepped in and took over 75 % of the shares of SWC.
Hüttenes-Albertus acquires 100% of SWC shares.
Hüttenes-Albertus transfers its Industrial Resins Division to Süd-West Chemie thereby leading to stable growth of the company.
Certification ISO 9001
Certification ISO 14001
After the decision of Hüttenes-Albertus to focus its business on foundry chemistry the SiRe GmbH owned by long-time MD Reinhard W. Siegle acquires 100 % of the shares of SWC.
Production of decorative papers is stopped due to unfavourable market conditions and to strengthen the remaining divisions: Moulding Compounds, Adhesives and Industrial Resins.
A fully automated manufacturing plant of condensation resins is put into operation
A new grinding plant allows the production of powder resins in very close manufacturing tolerances.
Energy Audit – simplified procedure